Many in our industry are frustrated that their organizations do not recognize the extraordinary value we bring. The mission of this SIG is to focus on developing the business savvy and strategic muscle that Talent Development and HR professionals must possess to help their organization grow its profitability and achieve greater competitive advantage. Applying these competencies will help you earn a seat at the table in the room where it happens.
The phrase, “seat at the table” has become a common way of referring to the role we as practitioners are striving to obtain. Our value contribution requires that we possess both the knowledge to build capacity and the skills to drive our initiatives to positive results. Gaining a voice at the executive table also means that we speak the same language as our leaders and are able to change the established perception of our role within the organization and our own minds.
Our conversations and case studies will be designed to expand your mindset from operational trainer to that of a trusted strategic partner.
Who will benefit?
· Current and future Talent Development and HR leaders
· L&D practitioners who struggle to gain “buy-in” from senior management
What will participants gain from being a member of this SIG?
· Acquire business knowledge such as value creation, return on investment (ROI), key performance indicators (KPI), capital investment, cash flow, etc.
· Understand how L&D intersects with human, structural, financial, social, and intellectual capitals and creates synergy for successful company decisions.
· Learn the analytics required to identify systemic opportunities for improvement
· Discover options and selection criteria for positive interventions
· How to sell your expertise