GROWING A COACHING MINDSET
ATD Competency = Coaching
Professionals in organizations today are quickly becoming multitasking, “lean and agile sprinters”. We are consistently striving to work more efficiently and do more with less in environments that are experiencing almost constant change. Additionally, our workforce is growing younger, and those younger colleagues desire more frequent feedback as well as overall career guidance. Therefore, the methods we use for supporting ourselves, our teams, and our organizations need to align with this faster paced, ever changing environment and must take into consideration the whole person. A coaching mindset stems from the premise that each person is creative, confident, capable, and whole. Coaching, then, simply explores what is already good and makes it even better.
In this session, we will explore what coaching is and is not, and discuss how a coaching mindset can be so transformational in helping individuals, teams, and organizations achieve greater levels of success. Participants will experience coaching using the GROW model and gain ideas and tips about what is needed in order to be successful in developing a coaching culture at their organization.
Should I Attend?
You will find this session beneficial if:
- You are interested in finding ways to develop your own individual strengths.
- You lead a team and want to support and inspire them to achieve their goals.
- You work in an HR function and support leaders and managers in supporting their teams.
- You believe that people are more successful when they work in a positive, supportive environment.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Define what coaching is and is not and explain why it is so effective.
- Understand and apply the GROW model for coaching to both broad and specific scenarios.
- Apply the ideas explored to develop a culture of coaching in their own organizations.
About the Presenter
Jennifer Rogers, CPLP - Development Ocean
Jennifer is a Certified Learning and Performance Professional (CPLP) with over 15 years of experience spanning higher education, IT, healthcare, supply chain, promotion and distribution industries. She has been a Power Member of ATD since 2010, and currently serves as a National Advisor for Chapters - a coach for ATD chapter leaders. Jennifer’s mission is to partner with clients to design and deliver custom solutions that help individuals and organizations achieve desired successes for purposeful living. Jennifer completed her graduate certificate in Executive & Professional Coaching through UT Dallas in January and is a member of the International Coach Federation.
Dinner and networking: 5:30-6:00pm