10 Things You Need to Know about the New ATD Talent Development Capability Model
NOW VIRTUAL ONLY
Due to recommendations in response to COVID-19, this event is now virtual only and non-member registrations will be discounted.
If you experience a problem logging into the zoom meeting, email us at email@example.com.
ATD Capabilities: All (see below)
You had the competency model thing down and just as you were getting comfortable with the acronyms CPLP and APTD, ATD launches this new ‘capability’ model. What is it? Why’d they switch from competency to capability? What’s in it for me? Do any of these sound familiar?
This fun program answers those questions and more, like “how do I use the Talent Development Capability Model?” Join us and presenter, Wendy Gates Corbett, CPLP (now CPTD) and learn the 10 things you need to know about the new capability model that will help you grow your career.
Wendy was one of the talent development leaders whose input contributed to developing this new model. She is a former member of ATD’s international board of directors and is currently serving her 10th year as a member of the ATD-RTA chapter.
By the end of this program, you’ll be able to:
- Identify opportunities for using the capability model in your own career development
- Define the three domains of the capability model
- See how your organization can benefit from using the model internally to benchmark career progression plans.
ATD Capability Model:
- Emotional Intelligence & Decision Making
- Collaboration & Leadership
- Cultural Awareness & Inclusion
- Project Management
- Compliance & Ethical Behavior
- Lifelong Learning
- Learning Sciences
- Instructional Design
- Training Delivery & Facilitation
- Technology Application
- Knowledge Management
- Career & Leadership Development
- Evaluating Impact
- Business Insight
- Consulting & Business Partnering
- Organization Development & Culture
- Talent Strategy & Management
- Performance Improvement
- Change Management
- Data & Analytics
- Future Readiness
About the Presenter:
Wendy Gates Corbett, CPTD, is a former training executive who is on a mission to rid the world of bad presentations. After a successful, but stale 20-year career in technology training, she started her company, Refresher Training, LLC in 2013. She works with professional athletes, speakers, and others who speak helping them craft and deliver memorable messages.
She’s been a member of ATD-RTA since 1998, served as Chapter President in 2004, and is currently serving as the Director of Academic and Community Outreach.
Registrants, please click here to join the program.